15 Tips To Make Your Eyes Look Bigger
There’s an old proverb that says, “The eyes are the windows to the soul,” and I agree. Our eyes were made to connect and they have the power to capture attention. Our eyes are the first things anyone notices about us and are the most expressive part of our face. Unfortunately, not everyone is blessed with attractive, bigger eyes. For those who are not so lucky, we have several tricks with makeup that will give the illusion of larger eyes. A study states that males usually rate females on attractiveness by focusing on things like large eyes, thicker lips and prominent cheekbones. Bigger eyes have also been linked to some desirable personality traits like honesty, youth and naivety. Women usually prefer bigger eyes since youthfulness is considered an attractive peculiarity in women.
Here are some useful tips to make your eyes look bigger:
1. Apply a Goldrush shimmery mineral eye shadow color to the inner corner of your eyes to brighten your whole face.
3. Instead of swiping on eye shadow, press the color into your eyelid with a brush or finger. This will give your lids a more pigmented look.
4. Keep a clean eye shadow brush in your purse. Whenever you touch up your makeup, run it over your lids to get rid of any excess shadow that
has collected in the crease.
5. For a dramatic looking eye, apply darker shadow to the crease, as well as a small triangle of color to the outside corner of your eye.
6. The most important rule when wearing a smoky eye is that if you go dark, keep the rest of your face soft.
8. If you have blue eyes, go for a warm copper, burnished gold, or rich brown eye shadow. Chocolate is an excellent shade choice for eyeliner. Try our mineral eye shadow Ambiance, Nature or Gold Dust & Brown Topaz, Mineral Eye Pencil- Brown.
9. To further blend a smoky eye, swipe the same color you use on your lids on your bottom lash line.
10. Rub an ice cube over puffy eyes in the morning to reduce swelling.
11. Dark eye shadows can be applied with a damp, thin brush on the upper or lower lash line for a defined eye that will last all day. Try Mineral Eye Shadow in Indulgence or Ebony.
12. You’ll probably need less eye shadow than you think you will. Start with a tiny bit of product on your brush, and work it outward to create a soft smoke.
13. Never use an eye shadow that’s the same color as your eyes or nothing will stand out.
14. Skip mascara on the bottom lashes to make eyes appear lifted.
15. Highlight under the eyes to brighten the face and bring attention to the eyes